Al Hamdu Lillah we are looking forward to Ramadan which is expected to begin on April 13th. We ask that Allah (swt) bless you and your families and grant us success.
Masjid Al Ansaar will be holding Taraweeh prayers and Qiyam as well as sponsored boxed Iftar parking lot pick-up, giving priority to those most vulnerable, but also for the community at large. There will not be any Iftar or Sahour held at the masjid. We’ve highlighted in red font below important points to know and understand.
Health, Unity, Security and the Worship of Allah (swt) will drive our efforts. With that, below will be the protocols. The week before Ramadan, we will hold two zoom calls to review our Ramadan Plans and Programs.
Health: COVID-19 Personal Protection as approved by ISGH
- For safety and unity’s sake, Taraweeh will be held in the multi-purpose hall and any overflow will be on the patio outside the hall. The sisters area will be expanded from what it is today.
- Isha and Tareweeh will be limited to 45 minutes and Taraweeh will be 8 rakat. After the hall clears the hall will be secured.
- Shoes can be worn or carried to your place of prayer inside the hall as this is not a masjid and a designated shoe area crowd would be a health concern.
- Children under 10 years of age will not be allowed.
- Masks must be worn covering the nose and mouth by all including those who have received the vaccination.
- You must bring your personal prayer rug to pray on.
- Six foot social distancing inside the hall and recommended outside the hall.
- Male family members and female family members, may stand shoulder to shoulder in their respective brothers or sisters prayer area.
- Bathrooms and wudu area will be open for emergency use only. Please come to the masjid with wudu performed at home. We will use the bathroom/wudu area in the masjid foyer.
- Anyone feeling ill or who has symptoms are to remain at home.
- The multi-purpose hall will be cleaned on Monday’s and Thursday’s. The Masjid foyer bathrooms will be cleaned daily.
- In that our masjid has a smaller prayer area, a lower ceiling and less air circulation, we have decided for health reasons not to pray Ramadan Isha and Taraweeh in the masjid.
- For unity sake, we also did not want to split our community between the masjid and multi-purpose hall, but instead all stand behind the Imam.
Security: We will have armed security every night through Ramadan
Worship of Allah:
- Please see the Program Guide below
- We will hold Qiyam the last 10 days, but sleeping in the hall will not be allowed.
Iftar: The Iftar sponsorship and sign-up to receive Iftar box, has come out on a separate Iftar announcement.